Welcome to my Mind

Its a dangerous place to be.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

1 John 1:5-7

This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him in no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

God is the light, what a beautiful thought. We know from Revelation 22 that the new earth will have no sun because the Son is the source of all light, such a beautiful thing.

The part of this that I have been struggling through though is the walking in darkness. Darkness is obviously sin and walking would show a progression in this sin and that it is habitual. I feel like we have lost the seriousness of our sin and the fear of a righteous, just, and holy God. I want to find that again. I want to work out my salvation in fear and trembling and have a reverant fear of my holy LORD.

There is, however, a great promise if we can walk in the light and not the darkness, if we can walk in the LORD. We will have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin. What a beautiful and wonderful promise.

2 comments: