Welcome to my Mind

Its a dangerous place to be.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

And so it begins....

So, I have finally decided to start a blog. It won't be about my day, or things going on my life. It will mostly be about my thoughts on our government, cliche, I know. As a history major I know what our government was meant to be like when it started and I know that our government is now broken. This is not a Republican or Democrat blog, but a blog about why big government is wrong and the government that governs least governs best. If you are interested in that, then read along as I write, if not, sorry to dissapoint. The Founding Fathers had an idea of a country in which the rights people had were life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That's it. Education is not a right. Healthcare is not a right. Those things are goods. Rights come from our humanity and from God. If our government can give us education, if our government can give us healthcare, then it can also take them away. This is not about healthcare or education, its about power. The power of government is meant to derive from the people and that will soon not be the case, it already may not be. This is just a small taste of the things we will be discussing here, so in my next blog we will start at the beginning and look at how our country was founded and how different it is now. We will look at how the system has corrupted and destroyed the ideals of our Founding Fathers and maybe how it can return to what it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment